HOTEL & TRAVEL INFORMATION
Domitor 2018 will be held June 13-16 in The Dryden Theatre at the George Eastman Museum in Rochester, NY. A Student Workshop will precede the conference on June 10 and 11 in the Curtis Theatre at the museum, and at the University of Rochester Humanities Center. Panels will begin on the morning of Wednesday, June 13 and the final reception will be held on the evening of Friday, June 15, with the conference ending on June 16.
Conference registration for presenters will begin on January 15 and end on March 15. Non-presenters can register throughout the duration of the conference. The final program will be posted by April 1.
There are two hotels near the George Eastman Museum in which we have reserved rooms at the conference rate. Each hotel offers shuttle service to and from the airport, and if requested in advance, to the museum.
The Strathallan – a DoubleTree by Hilton
550 East Ave
Rochester, New York 15607
- We have reserved 30 rooms at $199.00 Standard Rate and $209.00 for a Suite (estimated arrival June 12; estimated departure June 17).
- These rates are reserved for Domitor participants until May 15, when the offer expires. For booking call 1-800-678-7284 or visit doubletree.com. Identify yourself with: Domitor Conference Block and use the code DOM.
- The George Eastman Museum is 0.5 miles from this hotel. Bus transportation is available, but the walk is about 10 minutes.
East Avenue Inn & Suites
384 East Ave
Rochester, New York 14607
- We have reserved 20 single rooms and 6 double rooms. Rates are $99 per night. Complimentary breakfast is included (estimated arrival June 12; estimated departure June 17).
- These rates are reserved for Domitor participants until April 12, when the offer expires. To book, call 1-585-325-5010 or visit their site and Mention the Domitor Conference Block or use booking code: DOMITO.
- The George Eastman Museum is 0.7 miles from this hotel. Bus transportation is available, but the walk is about 15 minutes.
Other hotels, and Bed and Breakfast and Airbnb options are also available in the area of the George Eastman Museum, but do not offer conference rates.
Rochester is served by the Greater Rochester International Airport.
The best way to travel from the airport to Rochester is via ride share, taxi or hotel shuttles, approximately a 20 minute trip. The airport offers additional hotel and travel information at Transportation and Accommodations.
Rochester is also served by AMTRAK.
The new AMTRAK Rochester Station is approximately 15 minutes by car from the museum.
If you plan to attend the Fifteenth International Domitor Conference, June 13-16, 2018, then you must register for the conference. Registration fees help defray the costs of the conference. Please note that this registration fee includes four lunches, two receptions, as well as translation services and the usual conference expenses.
Those presenting at the conference must be members of Domitor. To become a member, go to our Membership page and follow the instructions.
IMPORTANT:All conference presenters must both register and be current members by March 15 or they will be dropped from the program. Non-presenter registration will remain open throughout the duration of the conference.
Institutions are also invited to sponsor the conference for $400 USD. This includes a 1/2 page ad space in the conference program and one regular registration fee, which can be applied to a conference participant. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regular registration: $175 USD
Student and under-employed: $100 USD
Daily on-site rate for non-presenters: $30 USD
Institutional sponsorship: $400 USD